MDMA28. September 2016
Protection through PrEP23. October 2016
- As a narcotic, amphetamine is particularly common in the party scene because of its effects, such as suppressing fatigue or increasing self-confidence. Speed stimulates the central nervous system. It has a similar stimulating effect as the body’s own adrenalin.
- In mentally instable people it can under circumstances come to acute psychotic reactions (paranoia, persecution mania).
- People with mental illnesses, cardiovascular problems, liver and kidney diseases or diabetes should abstain from consuming speed (amphetamine)!
- It can result in small wounds in the nasal mucosa when using sharp-edged pipes (e.g. bank notes, plastic straws) to snort with, and minor traces of blood can stick to the pipe. There is a danger of infection (herpes, hepatitis C + B) if the same pipe is being used by more people!
- Attend to your nose! Chop up the powder as finely as possible and perform a nasal douche now and then.
- Ingest after consumption in order to prevent weight loss! Counteract acalcinosis (milk products, nuts) and make sure to get a sufficient liquid intake though water and vitamin-packed juices!
- When using speed the danger of miscalculating the risk in a given situation exists. It heightens the willingness to cross personal boundaries and abstain from safer sex. That increases the risk of infection with HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases.
- The cock is less sensitive on speed and it can be more difficult to ejaculate. That often turns fucking into a longer, harder affair with danger of small, bleeding injuries. Here HIV, hepatitis C and other sexually transmitted diseases can easily be transmitted.
- Does the intercourse last longer, change the condom every 30 minutes.
- Sex and speed only work under mutual consent and trust. Clear beforehand which sexual practices are wanted by both partners and which are not
- Only consume so much that you still can defend yourself and still recognise the defence mechanisms of your partner.
- Before getting down to business, get sufficient amounts of sex utsils (gloves, condoms, lubricant) ready.
- Pay attention to your body! If you notice any abnormalities, go to the doctor immediately. When having changing sex partners get tested for sexually transmitted diseases every 6 months and get vaccinated against hepatitis A/B.
HIV & Speed:
- Take drugs and HIV medicine temporally offset. That may be able to lessen the interaction a bit. Always dose drugs low when taken simultaneously with medicine. The night often turns long – bring enough medicine along and keep your intake times. Talk to your doctor about the interaction between your HIV medicine and intoxicants!
- Simultaneous consumption of speed and protease inhibitors (Ritonavir (Norvir/Kalera)) can cause dangerous agent enhancements in your blood. Caution, there is a great danger of unintentional overdosing. Similarly the effective level of the HIV medicine can increase and through that increase the side effects.
- Talk to your doctor about the interaction of your HIV drugs with intoxicants!
- You will find information on interactions of substances and HIV drugs here.