Cocaine28. September 2016
Speed28. September 2016
- MDMA is usually contained in ecstasy pills. However, these do not always consist only of MDMA, but sometimes also of other substances such as mephedrone, methylone, m-CPP or other substances. The interactions – especially with MDMA – have hardly been researched.
- Ecstasy tablets are often very high doses. If no drugchecking is possible, you should therefore not take more than a third of the tablet as the first dose.
- Avoid mixed consumption. Alcohol and MDMA do not go together, speed interferes with the spectrum of MDMA!
- The combination of MDMA and MAO inhibitors/antidepressants extremely increases the serotonin concentration in your brain. This can lead to seizures (epileptic fits) and circulatory collapse. A mixed consumption of MDMA and MAO-inhibitors leads to a slower breakdown of MDMA in the body and thus also to a possibly life-threatening MDMA concentration.
- Do not use more often than every 6 weeks, otherwise your serotonin level will not be able to replenish itself and depression may occur.
- You should only consume MDMA with people you know well and trust. Only take MDMA if you are well
- When dancing, do not forget to ensure that you have a sufficient supply of liquid. Otherwise there is the danger of dehydration.
- Persons with the following physical complaints should not use ecstasy under any circumstances: asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, high blood pressure and cardiovascular disorders. Mentally unstable persons are urgently advised not to use ecstasy.
- Certain interactions with drugs represent a particularly high health risk. In general, any kind of drugs should be avoided when taking the necessary medication.
- You feel like you’re consuming too much? The drug counselling centre near you will be happy to help you!
- MDMA can reduce inhibitions and increase the willingness to have risky sex. Not having safe sex increases the risk of HIV and other sexually transmitted infections.
- MDMA makes it more difficult to get / hold and/or spray off a stand. The combination with Viagra (“Sextasy”) solves this problem for some people – caution: the heart is doubly burdened. On the other hand, this can lead to a permanent erection (after a few hours this leads to damage to the tail – always seek medical help).
- Sex and drugs only work if there is mutual agreement and trust. Clarify in advance which sex practices you both want and which not.
- Consume only so much that you can defend yourself or still recognize the defensive signals of your partner.
- Before getting down to business, make sure you have enough safer sex paraphernalia (gloves, condoms, lubricant) ready.
- Watch your body! If you see anything unusual, see a doctor immediately. Have yourself tested for sexually transmitted infections and vaccinated against hepatitis A/B every 6 months with different sex partners.
HIV & MDMA
- Take drugs and HIV medication at staggered intervals. This may reduce interactions somewhat.
- Dose drugs while taking medication always low. Often the night will be long – take enough drugs with you and keep your dosing schedule.
- Talk to your doctor about the interaction of your HIV drugs with intoxicants! Taking protease inhibitors (especially Norvir) / NNRTIs and MDMA/Ecstasy can lead to life-threatening amounts of MDMA in your blood!
- You can find information on the interaction of substances and HIV drugs in German here.
The KnowDrugs app shows you the latest drugchecking results as well as information about the different substances and safer use.