Of all variants, hepatitis A is the most common and at the same time the most harmless. In most cases, it cures on its own.
The viruses are excreted through the intestines and absorbed through the mouth. Most often, hepatitis A is transmitted when eating or drinking contaminated food or through physical contact (e.g., ass to hand to mouth). Infection can also happen through blood-to-blood.
If you like rimming, anal or finger games, or if you share a tube or syringe with friends when consuming substances, it is possible that you will contract hepatitis A.
- The most effective protection is vaccination (often hepatitis A+B are vaccinated together).
- If you have already had hepatitis A, you are usually immune and cannot contract it again.
- When fisting, gloves can protect you from hepatitis. Each person should use their own lubricant or lubricant pot. Important: Lubricants containing grease attack latex. Use latex gloves only in combination with fat-free lubricant.
- Fisting causes many small injuries to the intestinal mucosa, which can promote infection with HIV. If you are still fucking after fisting, make sure you have HIV protection.
- When fisting or fucking with several partners: Change the condom, gloves or toy before you fuck someone else.
- Use only your own utensils for consumption and refrain from friendly sharing of utensils.
- Inform your sex partners and wait for medical treatment to end before having sex again.
Hepatitis infection often goes unnoticed or is not recognized right away.
Two to four weeks after infection, flu-like symptoms (fever, joint pain, fatigue, loss of appetite) may appear. Sometimes there is itching or yellowing of the skin or eyes.
After a few weeks, the hepatitis A infection heals on its own.
Test & Treatment
Hepatitis A is detected by a blood test.
There is no treatment for hepatitis A itself. Medical treatment aims to alleviate the symptoms of the disease.
If you have an infection, you should not take any substances that put a strain on your liver (medicines, alcohol and other substances).