MPX14. July 2022
Gay Health Chat19. May 2023
Join the fast track!
Berlin has officially been part of the Fast Track Cities campaign since July 2016. So Berlin is officially in the fast lane. And you can be part of it:
- Track 1: You’re on the fast track, baby,if you get tested for HIV regularly! Because one goal is that at least 95% of people with HIV know their status.
- Track 2: You´re on the fast track, baby, if you’re HIV-positive and take your medication regularly!
Because one goal is that at least 95% of people with HIV are on antiretroviral therapy.
- Track 3: You´re on the fast track, baby, if your viral load is below the detection limit (undetectable)!
Because one goal is that the viral load is no longer detectable in at least 95% of those treated.
- Track 4: You´re on the fast track, babyif you do not discriminate against anyone living with HIV and/or work to ensure that there is no stigma or discrimination against people living with HIV/AIDS!
Because one goal is to achieve 0% stigmatisation and discrimination against people with HIV/AIDS.
Hence the slogan: 95-95-95-0
By joining the “Fast Track Cities” initiative in summer 2016, the Berlin Senate has committed itself to strongly supporting the 90-90-90-0 target by 2020. By 2030, the targets have been raised to 95-95-95-0.
Our (partially achieved) demands are:
- Tests for HIV, hepatitis and STI (sexually transmitted infections) for everyone and everywhere free of charge immediately! – Because only those who know their test result can decide on a treatment.
- PrEPfor all who need it, free of charge right now! Because every infection prevented counts!
- Further training for doctors, because every correctly and timely detected HIV infection enables treatment and prevents AIDS!
- No discrimination against people with HIV/AIDS in the health system.
- Free medical care for all! Because every person has a right to basic health care – no matter where it comes from! Without a health insurance certificate!
- Respect for responsible action! Safer sex today is more than condom use. The use of therapy as prevention as well as PrEP are also marks of a responsible approach to one’s own sexuality.
- Respect for ways of life! Everyone has the right to live his/her sexuality freely and with pleasure.